The first iOS 10 jailbreak is finally available, thanks to hacker Luca Todesco, working on iPhone 7, Plus, 6s, iPad Pro
The game of the cat and the mouse between a hacker, Lucas Todesco and Apple, it would have been necessary particularly patient, since this one had claimed to have succeeded jailbreak almost immediately the iPhone 7 after the release. iOS 10 Jailbreak published today as “beta version”, some Cydia tweaks doesn’t work yet and does not stable with Mobile Substrate that is not functional.
For reminder Mobile Substrate is indispensable on Cydia tweaks. Moreover, this jailbreak is semi, that’s means you will have to reinstall each time the iDevice is restarted, So this jailbreak is more dedicated for developers than the public, pending a final version which should come out in a some days.
iOS 10 Jailbreak: Which iPhone and iPad are compatible?
This jailbreak is currently for the most recent iDevices
Only two iPhone and iPad Pro are compatible:
- iPhone 7 on iOS 10.1 / 10.1.1
- iPhone 6S in any version of iOS 10
- iPad Pro on any version of iOS 10
This jailbreak is beta version as we said before still limited.
How to install iOS 10 jailbreak on your iPhone or iPad
- Before you start, save everything on your iPhone or iPad (create full backup).
- Go to this page of the hacker Luca Todesco to download the .IPA file and Cydia Impactor tool for your platform
- Click on one of mirrors to download the .IPA file
- Click on the link Cydia Impactor to download the tool that will allow you to do the jailbreak
- Plug in your iDevice and launch Cydia Impactor
- Do not touch anything, go into Device > Install Package
- Choose the .IPA file you downloaded
- Cross your fingers, take a deep breath, and click Start
- Enjoy !